Notes on data processing
1. name and contact details of the controller
This privacy notice applies to data processing by:
Responsible person: BAUMFALK - Law Office, Hauptstr. 195, 50169 Kerpen, Germany
2. collection and storage of personal data as well as the type and purpose and use thereof
When you mandate us, we collect the following information:
- Salutation, first name, last name,
- a valid e-mail address,
- Phone number (landline and/or mobile)
- Bank and insurance data
- Information necessary for the assertion and defense of your rights under the mandate
The collection of this data takes place,
- to be able to identify you as our client;
- in order to be able to provide you with appropriate legal advice and representation;
- for correspondence with you;
- for invoicing;
- for the settlement of any existing liability claims and the assertion of any claims against you;
The data processing is carried out upon your request and is necessary according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the aforementioned purposes for the appropriate processing of the mandate and for the mutual fulfillment of obligations arising from the mandate agreement.
The personal data collected by us for the mandate will be stored until the expiry of the statutory retention obligation for lawyers (6 years after the end of the calendar year in which the mandate was terminated) and deleted thereafter, unless we are obliged under Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. c DSGVO we are obliged to store your data for a longer period of time due to tax and commercial law retention and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO) or you have consented to storage beyond this period in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
3. disclosure of data to third parties
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
Insofar as this is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO for the processing of client relationships with you, your personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes in particular the disclosure to opposing parties and their representatives (in particular their attorneys) as well as courts and other public authorities for the purpose of correspondence as well as for the assertion and defense of your rights as well as to the attorney clearinghouse for invoicing purposes. The data disclosed may be used by the third party exclusively for the purposes stated.
The attorney-client privilege remains unaffected. Insofar as data subject to attorney-client privilege is involved, it will only be disclosed to third parties in consultation with you.
4. data subject rights
You have the right:
- to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future;
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller, and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office.
5. right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to object, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.